Salt Crayon Rubbings

   The salt crayon rubbings were also a hit.  Most of the kids were able to grind out their salt onto the table with the grinder.  Benjamin shook the grinder furiously  shaking what he could onto the table and trying his coordination at trying to grind out the salt.  Before I could lay a piece of paper over each child’s salt explosion I saw tongues out licking what they could off the table. I laughed and taped down their paper over the salt.  The texture was strange and new to them as they glided their hands over the bumpy paper. I laid out the square block crayons and let them explore coloring on the bumpy surface. I taught them to hold the block crayons down and drag them over the paper. They explored with the crayons with different pressures and how the salt made an interesting drawing. The children and  I enjoyed the tactile and sensory feel of this art project.

No comments:

Post a Comment